Tuesday, May 17, 2005

21st Century Romance

There they were -- two messages in my as yet unchecked in-box, from 2 men I winked on Match. Somehow, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be doing the online dating thing.

Of course, everyone who does online dating says they never thought they'd be doing online dating.

But for me, by now, my online dating days should be over.

I've been doing it off and on for about 3 years now -- with very, very limited success. In fact, the other day, the day I sent the winks, I had logged on so I could cancel my membership. But then I saw a few new faces and decided to surf for just a minute or two.

I ended up sending the winks, vowing that if I didn't get a response the next day -- I'd resign for good. Forever. Never to return.

The next day, there they were.

One good thing -- both of these two guys seem to be genuinely nice and interested in talking and meeting quickly. That is a good thing. Nothing like prolonging email only contact and then find out you're totally incompatible with the other person.

So, with any luck, I'll have at least one date this weekend.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I've had lots of first dates thanks to these online dating sites. My problem -- getting second dates. Time, I suppose, will tell.

I just wish I could figure out exactly when, and how, dating got to be so darn hard!


No comments:

The Passage of Time

At work, I have one of those "Book-a-Day" desk calendars and each morning, after turning on my computer, as it whirls to life, I r...