Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Batteries RECHARGED!!!

Sometimes, its the small things that really do make a big difference.

Less than 24 hours after my early (um, I mean, on time departure from work yesterday afternoon) the spring is back in my step and the cobwebs banished from my mind.

True to my word, I did leave at 4:30 yesterday and went straight home. I walked right past the very high laundry pile in the bedroom, donned a pair of shorts and a tank top and headed straight for the porch, where I spent the next hour immersed in fiction.

The only thing that slightly interrupted me and my "enjoying the weather" time, was a phone call from a friend. A sometimes slightly annoying friend, but she had exciting news to share about a new job offer and needed some congrats and advice.

Phone call completed, I switched from the front porch to the enclosed back porch to escape the growing swarm of gnats gathering around the front yard bushes, and read some more.

AND, I even managed to do some productive things -- made a nice dinner, took out the garbage and then settled in for some quality reality TV. Congrats to Uchenna and Joyce on winning The Amazing Race 7. So glad they were able to beat out the increasingly annoying Amber and Rob dynamic duo!

Tonite, I plan to leave work on time AGAIN, and actually put a dent in that laundry pile AND get my butt to the gym.

No comments:

The Passage of Time

At work, I have one of those "Book-a-Day" desk calendars and each morning, after turning on my computer, as it whirls to life, I r...