Friday, March 11, 2005

My Very First Blog Entry

I can't believe I've done this. Sure, I've read other people's blogs, even posted comments to them. But to have actually created my own --- something I never thought I'd do.

So why? Well, I've journaled for years, although I am a very bad journaler. I start out with the best of intentions, promising to write, if not every day, than at least a few times a week. For the first week, I'm golden. And then all of a sudden, weeks and months have gone by without a single entry.

And sometimes, when something hits me hard enough to make me actually want to record it, or a silly, simple thought spurs me to want to remember the moment it popped into my head and that urge that made me want to remember it, I am nowhere near my journal, or don't have enough time for longhand.

So I turned, in this wonderful computer age of ours, to the internet and the world of blogging.

I have no idea if I'll keep this up. I have no idea if anyone but me will ever read this blog. But for better or for worse, here it is.

1 comment:

Enchantica said...

So here u got a reader :)

a/s/l: 23/F/India

A blogger like u :)

Ships

The Passage of Time

At work, I have one of those "Book-a-Day" desk calendars and each morning, after turning on my computer, as it whirls to life, I r...